i've finally, finally, finally put together that sushi. literally. mom cooked the rice. i just rolled it. and ate it with my boyfriend. i'm a tsukino usagi of sorts - my food looks sloppy but tastes great. better than restaurant sushi. i realize that's a coarse remark. but you know, they made sushi an art and then invented the sushi robot. japan, land of contradictions. i love you.
leechu roll ingredients:
- rice [short-grain, also known as normal in romania]
- vinegar [apples and wine]
- white sugar
- table salt
- nori [they have it at kaufland]
- strips of parsnip overboiled in sugar water [and i mean overboiled]
- strips of raw cucumber [a classic]
- shredded tuna [drain as much oil out as possible, spread thinly on top of the rice]
- cooling the rice with a fan does pay off.
- the roll should be a closed circle, not a spyral. and don't worry - the nori will stick.
- japan does rule. they're just overrated for all the wrong reasons and therefore underrated.